How do i shrink an mp3 file??

Thomo1 18:59 04 Mar 05

I am wanting to transfer a music file off my pc onto my mobile phone.

How do i shrink the file so that it is not 7.8mb big???

Also i wnat to chop bits of it out and edit the lengh of it how also can i do this??

Is there an easy walk-through or free software out there, that any of you can recommend??

Thanks

TomJerry 19:15 04 Mar 05

you can only "shrink" mp3 file by reencoding it with lower bitrate. This means lost quality.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter will do this nicely
click here

for for edit: Audacity 1.2.3 click here

SANTOS7 19:18 04 Mar 05

i use the dBpowerAMP, what a superb piece of kit does exactly what it says on the tin..........

ICF 19:19 04 Mar 05

You can edit with wave editor within Nero.

Thomo1 19:20 04 Mar 05

nero caused me a great amount of probs wheni had it 3 months ago!!!

thanks for the tools guys!

ICF 21:33 04 Mar 05

You did not mention that in your question :-(

patso 22:53 04 Mar 05

after running a scan with avg 7 using xp home with sp2 when i read the test results one came up c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll result change status changed.can anyone tell me what this means and did something change on mt pc that i did not know about for some or other reason.any help please.

toni b 02:44 05 Mar 05

Normally you can downlaod suitable software which will re-encode the mp3 into the correct size for that particular model of fone for example I use samsung software for my phone add mp3 file in to it then this well re encode it to the correct size. I Have used various other software according to the phone I had at the time from the manufacturer web site.Use the above suggested progs first to edit then use phone software to en ocde and upload to phone.Job done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…