How do I share my printer?

808Slates 11:54 10 Apr 06

I've a lexmark printer attached to my pc which I need to share with my sisters laptop both PC's are linked to intternet via a Netgear wireless router what's the easiest way to set up print sharing???

Any idea's???

Aargh 14:25 10 Apr 06

Assuming you are using XP - use control panel to find your installed printer an select the 'share this printer', or simply right click on the installed printer.

Use the networking wizard to set up a home network first, if you haven't done already (do it on both PC's and make sure the settings all match).

The printer will only work if the PC it is attached to is switched on. Windows has several help wizards.

ade.h 18:46 10 Apr 06

Second part of the equation - which must be performed on the other client - is to install a network printer, which will allow the other client to get drivers and other data from the first client. This is done in Printers & Faxes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…