how do i setup personal server to host php pages?

science whiz 17:06 03 Aug 06

i have a system: PIV 3.0, 2GB RAM, Hyperthreaded, with other necessary components. i wanted to use my PC to host PHP pages and MySQl databases running on Windows XP, i'm not a Linux Expert. could you advice m on how i set up my sftware or if i've to take another version of windows for that, because i want to run my own website from home and make use of the activ functionalities of the Opensource utilities in dvloping applications.

i'll be very grateful for any king of assistance in accruing to a conclusion on how to execute the activity

thank you,

Godbless

beynac 18:15 03 Aug 06

Are you intending to host a website and give outsiders access or are you just going to use it for development purposes?

If the latter, try XAMPP click here .

This is very easy to set and use. You get php and MySQL plus a lot of tools to help you manage the server.

beynac 15:47 07 Nov 06

I received your PM. Sorry, but I can't help you with this. I haven't used 'sessions' in php.

science wiz 14:08 26 Feb 07

hithere!

i have registered witha hosting companyand ihave several gigabites of space and enough bandwith, can i ask if it is possible to direct a second domainname to the same server soasto host some different content?

i mean,is it possible to direct multiple domainname to the same servername tohost different content stored in thatserver?

Thanks,
/Godbless

FreeCell 16:52 26 Feb 07

Sciencewiz

You seem to have hijacked another users thread and it would have been better to start a new one as your question is only partly related.

But in answer to your question - yes you can. One domain can usually be forwarded to another webspace.

FreeCell 16:54 26 Feb 07

Sciencewiz
Apologies just noted you started this post. I need better glasses. Sorry again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…