How do I set up a wireless router

MIKE 14:51 08 Sep 03

I want set set up a wireless router to run off my Dell PC (this uses 98 SE) to be used in conjunction with my daughters laptop (using ME). What equipment do I need for my PC and what do I need for the laptop. I am using BT broadband with a BT Voyager modem is there a simple step by step instructions about setting up this arangement many thanks for any help you can give

medicine hat 15:47 08 Sep 03

If all you are using is a desktop and a laptop then an ad-hoc peer to peer wireless network could save you some money, rather than using a router. Simply get a USB adapter for the desktop and a pcmcia card for the laptop. click here Ebuyer has plenty to choose from - just try to get the same brand so that the controller software that comes with them is similar.

You can then use Window's Internet Connection Sharing which the wizards should set up easily for you. Or there are good manual instructions in click here

MIKE 20:28 08 Sep 03

medicine hat
Many thanks for your help will look into this seup

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…