How do I set up a print server on a network?

EDDY7 19:52 22 May 03

I have about 15 PC's already on a server based network. The server is running NT4 and all the client PC's are running 98. I need to set up 1 PC on the network as a print server. Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this please?

spikeychris 19:55 22 May 03

What kind of printer are you thinking of installing? Are you just going to print through the machine or are you intending on running one through an IP?

snoresloudly 20:21 22 May 03

ok, we have a similar setup at work, one pc is dedicated as the print server, this machine has the printer connected to it (hp lazer) and all the drivers installed, we then have all the other pc's on the network configured to use that pc as the printer. For example the printer server is called shirley on the network,on the pc called peter all the software that uses a printer (office/lotus/e-mail etc) is told to use the hp lazer on shirley!! I know it sounds daft/complicated but it works well for us!! if you need any further clarification etc post back and i will send you further in depth instructions on how to set it up.
Hope this helps!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…