How do I set outlook to work in windows background

pcgal 20:13 25 Aug 04

My outlook is sending and receiving fine but I cant find the option to activate it automatically on startup.

I'm having to click on the outlook icon to check my email but I want it to let me know of received emails automatically.

thanks

johnsims 20:38 25 Aug 04

Open Outlook. Click on Tools menu, Click on Options, Open Mail Set Up tab and click in the radio button to do a send receive at startup (or whatever the words are). Then click on the settings button immediately underneath and set up a schedule and anything else you want.

pcgal 20:51 25 Aug 04

John I've searched around this mailsetup and there's no option that u suggest.

I have a send/receive tab under mail setup but theres no option for automatic startup

VoG II 21:05 25 Aug 04

Right click the icon on the desktop, select Copy.

Right click Start button, Explore, open up Startup folder, right click and select Paste shortcut.

If you are using a version of Outlook earlier than 2003 you might want to be able to minimise it to the notification area (system tray) - if so click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…