How do I set my 'Zoom' default in Word?

wee willy wonker 14:36 15 May 05

I am running Office 2000 and every time I open Word it comes up at 100% when what I realy want is 'Page Width' which is 90%. How do I set my default? I have looked in Page Setup but cannot see how to do it.

Nick

Taff36 17:41 15 May 05

Open Word. Then open normal.dot (You will have to search for it first to find the path to your normal.dot) Set your zoom, save and close the file. Close word & Restart Word - does that solve the problem?

Incidentally in my version of Word an exisiting document will open with whatever zoom % was being used the last time it was closed.

Curio 22:25 15 May 05

Open Word, Click on View, Scroll down to Zoom and adjust to your preference. I think this what you are after

DieSse 22:51 15 May 05

This always seems to work for me.

Start a new document - DO NOTHING to it. Change the view to Page View. Close the document. Then all new documents should start in Page Width view.

However, as Taf36 says - saved docs open with whatever view they were at when saved.

woodchip 22:56 15 May 05

In settings in WordPerfect, look for options or Prefs in Menu

wee willy wonker 18:01 16 May 05

Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…