how do I set up my adsl modem in Linux Mandrake 9.

Big E 19:12 10 Mar 04

I have just recently duel booted my pc with windows xp and Mandrake Linux 9.2. I have some drivers for my accessrunner usb adsl modem, but dont have a clue how to go about installing and setting it up. Please help.

powerless 19:14 10 Mar 04

What is the full name of the driver file including extenison.

Big E 19:56 16 Mar 04

the file is called: cxacru-2003-10-05-src.tgz.

Now I know this is a zipped file. I have already unzipped it, but where do I go from there? I really need help!!!!

Thanks

Iain

Chegs ® 20:01 16 Mar 04

Its an absolute nitemare to install these modems in Linux! I have tried over and over,but failed.This was with Mandrake/RedHat.I also enlisted the assistance of Taran,who had offered to rewrite the driver.It seems the drivers either work 1st go(with a little tweaking)or its a swine.I have to go back to work,but once I finish,I will hunt out the relevant links for you.

Chegs ® 20:09 16 Mar 04

click here

I used these pages to d/l the drivers and part of the install,as I had several probs with commands not being recognised.

Chegs ® 11:19 17 Mar 04

click here

click here

click here

I used these drivers,as they are easier to work out where to put the various files.The biggest hassle was the CnxADSL.o module,either it would find it and load it(but with wrong VPI/VCI)or (having set the correct VPI/VCI)fail to find the module.As it involved such a lot of complications,I have temp given up on the PCI modem,and ordered an ADSL modem/router.

Chegs ® 20:14 17 Mar 04

click here

Results of a google search,including setup of USB ADSL(I missed this bit of your first post)

;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…