How do I set up IPAQ WiFi

PaulH 20:45 04 Jan 05

I have wifi between my desktop and laptop which works OK (Belkin AP and card). Having now got an IPAQ 3175 I cannot seem to be able to connect this to the WiFi link. The IPAQ recognises that the WiFi is there but refuses to connect. Any suggestions on settings?

TomG 20:52 04 Jan 05

Ipaqs can be a nightmare - if you have a firewall disable it, are you using a wep key (make sure its entered correctly - I use belkin products and it has to be upper case)

PaulH 21:47 04 Jan 05

Thanks for the advice. I turned off the Norton firewall but this made no difference.

The network is WLAN, All available,
Under Network Key - authentication Open, Data encryption - Disabled.
Under 802.1x - nothing selected.

TomG 19:06 05 Jan 05

I've been looking at my ipaqs settings

Click on settings>connections.connections.advanced tab, tap network card in the "my network connects to list" select the internet.

have you entered your user name and password?

Try some of these sites

click here;en-gb;newsgpockpc
click here

You could try ringing HP's support line 0870 8422339

aich 16:43 29 Jan 05

I have an Ipaq 2100 with Bluetooth. I can talk to my laptop via a Belkin Bluetooth Dongle. I can sync and exchange files OK. My Laptop has wireless internet access via a router. Should I be able to access the internet on my IPAQ using the laptop internet access, and if so can anyone advise on the setup.

Hope someone can help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…