How do i set up a home network

Phildo 18:56 07 Dec 03

I am getting aol broadband and i need a router i know that but i would like to conect all the computers to the router and you please tell me how to set up a home lan between 3 computers plaese thank you very much phillip

Wired or wireless?

AubreyS 19:50 07 Dec 03

This may give you a few pointers click here

LastChip 19:50 07 Dec 03
  Phildo 02:14 08 Dec 03

err it is weired network cos i think wierless is too expensive

howard60 06:24 08 Dec 03

once you have your switch/router just plug cat5 cables in to the switch/router from each pc and enable file sharing on each one. If it is all XP you just need to run the network setup wizard on your main pc and then make up a floppy when prompted. This floppy is then run on each other pc. With broadband you can either have that connection on your main pc and set up internet connection sharing and this then means that the main pc has to be on for the others to connect. Or you can have the broadband direct to the switch/router which allows any pc to connect without the main pc being on.

Mango Grummit 07:11 08 Dec 03

Philado, networking is not supported by AOL but this does not mean it cannot be done!!

See these links for some clues on how it can be done. click here click here click here

There's loads of stuff on the web to get you up and running. Good luck with this, let us now how you get on.

regards, M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…