How do I set an animated gif as a screensaver

acrobat270 18:43 26 Sep 03

Is there a simple way to turn an animated gif file into a screensaver. If I need a program can anyone suggest a freeware or reasonably priced piece of software.

Any ideas gratefully recceived.

Belatucadrus 19:11 26 Sep 03

I can't find a freeware package that does what you require and the shareware versions that support gif seem to be between $29 & $100 so not cheap :-

click here

click here

Pesala 19:24 26 Sep 03

and it can save each frame of an animated gif as a separate image. Serif Draw Plus from click here can be used to make animations.

I think you will need to be quite creative to do it with these free programs, but it may be possible.

Chegs ® 20:31 26 Sep 03

I was just playing around with Adobe PhotoDeluxe 3(OEM with my 1st puter)and it is able to store animated gifs,which might be possible to use as a Screensaver as I reinstalled it today and it has added an "EasyPhoto Slideshow" option to my screensaver list.I was trying to create a animated gif signature for Outlook Express last week,and somehow ended up with several gifs running on the desktop,this needed the "active desktop" (I think it was called)switched on too.

Chegs ® 20:48 26 Sep 03

I just tried a google search ( click here )and (miss out the crack/warez sites)some of these looked promising,so I am off to have a good read. :-)

Chegs ® 21:25 26 Sep 03

click here With Advanced GIF Animator you can:
? Create GIF 89a images
? Manage GIF image frames
? Create finite and infinite animation loops
? Set/change frame interchange frequency
? Convert GIF images from/to windows bitmap files (*.bmp)
? And more...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…