How do I save user profiles and stuff before fmat

toni b 01:26 24 Sep 03

I wish to reformat my laptop as In the last fews days while trying to install a lacie pocket drive its all gone pear shaped and my system is not very stable or running as before.Any previous restores points will not allow me to restore ,systems hangs and all other kind of odd things .I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAVE ALL SETTINGS IN REGARDS TO FAVORITES IN EXPLORER AND REGISTRY also documents and other programs used for online banking and stuff like that (hope you get the general idea).Can some one advise on what I need to do in order to save to cd and then once reinstalled how to import setting back.I got in to a write mess trying to install usb pocket drive then trying to use ghost to clone drive and my computer is worse than ever.is there a suitable registry cleaner for xp pro that i can use to clean all the rubbish from registry before i copy ?????

regards Toni

Mougabi 01:35 24 Sep 03

what system u runnin

toni b 01:39 24 Sep 03

xp pro

Mougabi 01:50 24 Sep 03

Put cd into drive an u get option 2 reinstall and keep all u have on computer and it will only reinstall windows u will still have all u had...........

make sure its reinstall tells u that is keeps all your files

Mougabi 01:53 24 Sep 03

sorry toni put cd into drive and reboot with cd boot option and select repair...........u will keep all settings and get fresh install of xp pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…