How do I save my music files from corrupted xp

fredo3 14:53 08 May 04

Hi, Firstly thanks for everyones help in regard to recovering my corrupted windows.
I've tried everything for the last 2 hours such as an attempted repair through recovery console and an installation repair etc... but to no avail.
I have a ghost image of my windows so its not such a problem to get my system up and running.
Ive commited the cardinal sin of not backing up my particular my music data ... The drive is perfectly accessable through dos so how do I go about copying my beloved music file to my other computer. I must surely be able to transfer this file (about 14GB) to my other pc by connecting this crashed drive as a slave and somehow transfering through dos or am I wrong?

Diodorus Siculus 15:31 08 May 04

You shold be able to connect as slave, boot into windows and from within windows explorer, copy the data to the new disk. No need for DOS. But if you really want them, the command is simple. Just tell us the names of relevant folders.

fredo3 15:43 08 May 04

thanks diodorus it was just saved on my desktop in a folder called music.

Diodorus Siculus 15:57 08 May 04

Have you tried to connect up as slave and opening windows explorer? It is the best way.
I don't have XP so I am not sure of the exact location of the desktop folder - something like

c:\documents and settings\username\desktop\music\*.*

Which under DOS will be

xcopy x:\docume~1\username\desktop\music\*.* c:\music

x is the new drive letter.

fredo3 16:04 08 May 04

thanks diodorus that gives me something to chew on......much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…