How do I save a few bars of music ??

Noels 15:56 01 Feb 03

I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to save a few bars of music from a CD or a media player so that I can insert it into an e-mail with some smilies.

I have saved and can insert the smilies and I can insert the Microsoft sounds by going to Format Background, Sound in OE but these jingles are rather too basic so I would like something more ambitious.

Please keep it simple for this old wrinkly.

Regards Noels

leo49 16:12 01 Feb 03

I don't use Outlook Express so don't know in what file form the music is inserted.But if it's possible to insert .mp3 or .wav then you could use MP3DirectCut or Nero Wave Editor to save any snatch you want once you've ripped the music track to your HDD for editing.

Regards leo49

crx16 16:19 01 Feb 03

have a read click here

Noels 16:37 01 Feb 03

Thanks leo49 Thanks crx16 Not as easy as I had hoped but will copy and save your info and work at it particularly the other thread. Will keep this open for a little while more.

I,m not certain I understand the technical jargon having been brought up on 78s but will give it a go.

Regards Noels

crx16 16:47 01 Feb 03

the file has to be WAV for it to be sent with OE.

if the sound file you wish to use is any other (mp3/wma) then you will need a converter.

WAV files are rather large,and you wont want to use more than a few seconds,or else the email will take forever to send/recieve.

you can 'loop' the sound to repeat within OE\format\background\sound.

crx16 16:51 01 Feb 03

you can use 'windows movie maker' to edit your sound file and reduce to a few bars,most formats can be edited,but they will be exported as 'wma'.

Noels 17:10 01 Feb 03

Sorry to be slow on the uptake but what I had hoped to do was save a few bars (two or three seconds) of jazzy music from one of my CDs to play on an e-mail with some smilies.

I have the CDs. I have Nero 5.5 and just about know how to burn (copy) a CD using Nero but that is about the extent of my knowledge. Any step by step help would be much appreciated.

Noel

crx16 17:20 01 Feb 03

download a WAV editor click here=

leo49 17:20 01 Feb 03

Does your version of Nero include Wave Editor? If not I would suggest you update to the latest version.

click here

If you have/get Wave Editor,I'll gladly knock you up a step-by-step crib-sheet with screenshots.

Regards

Noels 17:36 01 Feb 03

Thanks to both. Sorry crx16 to say the link didn,t work but can pick it up from one of your references to a previous request similar to this one.

leo49 My version doesn,t have a wave editor but will try and download it later.

Sorry to say have got to go and collect better half from friends, already late.

Would be grateful for crib sheet later, will be in touch.

Once again many thanks to both

Noel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…