//some 3rd party need geo

How do I save the captions on buttons on a VBA for

madwab 11:32 02 Mar 05

(Also posted on the MrExcel forum earlier today.)

I have a spreadsheet with several buttons whose captions I change of the fly. When I save the sheet and reopen, the altered captions are still in place.

In the same sheet I have a form which has several buttons. When I alter their captions and close and reopen the sheet, they revert to the original, unmodified captions.

Is there a way of forcing the modified captions to be saved? (I'm using Excel 2000 / WinXP.)

If you have set the 'Caption' property of the first set to blank strings then they will retain the fly version, on the second set if you have set the captions property to a value then they will revert to that value on reopening.

Hope that makes sense.

madwab 07:44 09 Mar 05

- make sense to me, that is. Blank strings seems to cause the buttons not to display, but when captions are then applied they still aren't saved. I've got around this by applying captions when the form is opened, but that shouldn't be necessary...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…