How do I rid my system of Rnaapp?

Nick Name no Name 23:14 06 Mar 03

Dear Forum Members

I have Win98 128 RAM PIII 550.
I also have a US Robotics 56k modem.
However, I am concerned that a program from Windows called Rnaapp keeps hogging my system resources. This occurs even when I am not connected to the internet.
I use Ctrl+Alt+Del to get rid of it, but it seems to reappear after a while.

Can any one advise?

Thanks to all of you in advance

Yours sincerely

Nick Name

exodus 00:22 07 Mar 03

This site will give you information.
click here

jediknight007 00:28 07 Mar 03

It's one of the programs which you need running in the background. You should be more concerned with other programs in the background which you don't currently need. Examples might be Realplayer or Winamp since you can easily activate them just by clicking on their shortcut. Since you have Windows 98, try 'msconfig' in Run and have a look at the programs which start when you start up Windows.

wee eddie 20:56 07 Mar 03

There appears to be a problem with some PC's running 98se, when IE6 is loaded.

The wimp's way (mine) is to return to using IE5.5

3tg 22:24 07 Mar 03

I agree, Remember we both had that problem and returned to IE5.5 as I suggested and it worked. I am not game to try IE6 again, I beleive you did. So did you have the problems again ?. Cheers (Rimp) Nick Name no Name, hope you get it sorted as it is very irritating, Cheers

wee eddie 12:44 08 Mar 03

I returned to IE6. and live with the Rnaapp problem.

As yet no proffered solution has worked.

3tg 10:40 09 Mar 03

Thanks wee eddie, I think I will take my chances with 5.5. Sorry Nick Name no Name to intrude. Cheers

wee eddie 18:12 19 Mar 03

click here

Amazing how simple things can mess you up, isn't it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…