how do I retrieve driver

zoomer 08:24 16 Jan 03
  zoomer 08:24 16 Jan 03

how do I take a driver from a working system for use in another one that requires the same driver?......(modem)

User-312386 08:29 16 Jan 03

look here click here

I have found a utility that will search your system for all the drivers that are currently installed, it will then search the Internet for driver updates and save all of them in a executable file that you can save to CD or floppy and reinstall all your drivers in one go after a complete reformat. click here and scroll down to win driver

zoomer 08:52 16 Jan 03

thanks for replying, I know about the driver sites etc, its just that I`m "sorting out" two systems for a friend.....and they are of considerable vintage, Digital (brand) PC`s , (think they were taken over by Compaq) and I`ve tried a few modem drivers, however as they are similar and from the same factory and of the same vintage (P200s)I thought I could do the easy thing........I used to have a utility called "driver collect" or something that harvested all drivers from a system but I`m forgetful........

zoomer 09:00 16 Jan 03

thanks, must`ve been posting simultaneously, I`ll give it a bash

zoomer 10:43 16 Jan 03

tried another modem driver first.and it worked , many thanks for the replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…