How do I restart a driver for an audio device

madfishsteve 10:01 19 Feb 09

I have been having problems with my audio card. I am running XP pro 64 and have reinstalled the driver for my PCI Creative Audigy card and it says that the device is working properly.
However in device manager it states that no audio device is fitted. I have checked further and found in the audio device it says that I need to retstart the driver. Can anyone advice me how to do this please.

kidda123 10:10 19 Feb 09

I have had and still continue to have major issues with my Audigy ZS on Vista 64.

Possibly unistall the driver, switch off and unplug the card. Visit creative to make sure you have the latest driver, then plug back in and start again.

You may want to use a old driver remover like the Guru free software that is knocking around to get rid of the old driver first.

madfishsteve 12:40 19 Feb 09

Hello I have tried all of that to no avail. I have used reg cleaner abd driver cleaners and still no joy.
My next step was to try to do a repair on windows, but dont really want to do that as it will be a pain. Was hoping for other suggestions before i try that.

birdface 12:48 19 Feb 09

Maybe give this a try.Its free.
click here
I use it and have had no problems with it updating my drivers.But I will add that I never had an audio problem.Worth running just to find out what it finds.And you don't need to download any drivers if you don't want to.

madfishsteve 06:33 20 Feb 09

I already have driver max. Unforunately after using this it did not work.Thanks for trying

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…