How do I resend a sent email?

pj123 13:50 06 Feb 03

Having ever only been on AOL I have never used Outlook Express. But now I am on broadband and I now use OE. How do I resend an email that is in the "sent" folder. I have tried dragging it to Inbox but it just disappears??

Djohn 13:55 06 Feb 03

pj123, only a guess, because i'm on aol as you know, but will copy/paste work. J.

hoverman 13:56 06 Feb 03

Unless anyone knows an easier way - right click on the email and select 'move to folder' and then select 'Drafts' as the destination folder. You can then open the email and select 'send' - hey presto it will be in your Outbox.

Pikachu 13:58 06 Feb 03

You can always forward the message and type the mail alias again.

Click on the mail you want to re-send and click on the forward icon. I hope this is of help

hoverman 14:02 06 Feb 03

Sorry pj123 - just checked my suggestion and you do not get a 'send' option when opening in the 'Drafts' folder, just a 'reply'.

Old PC man 14:06 06 Feb 03

hoverman has the easiest solution. I've tried them all before and the "move to" option is best but you could send to Outbox instead of drafts.

nick_j007 14:08 06 Feb 03

I have encountered this problem myself recently, and now forward it to the new recipient when the email is open in its sent folder. Glad to see I'm on the right lines anyway!

Or, you could always cut it, and paste into a new email, whichever you prefer.

Nick Jones

Stuartli 14:13 06 Feb 03

Why not copy and paste the original e-mail message from the Sent folder into a new message box, add the recipient's e-mail address and then Send as usual?

Even easier is to Forward the Sent folder example and then add the e-mail address of the recipient, but at least the first suggestion provides a "clean" example.

Carene 14:18 06 Feb 03

Try this.

Right click on the message from your sent items or wherever it is. Select 'move to folder' then instead of selecting drafts, like some others have said, choose inbox, and it will appear in your inbox.
Go to your inbox and select the message and click reply. It will appear with your name in the "To" slot, but you just have to change it to whoever.

This new message will be sent as an 'RE' but since you havn't written anything different, it shouldn't matter should it?

Tog 14:32 06 Feb 03

This is the M$ Outlook method, OE may be similar.

Open the message and click on "Actions" in the menu bar. The bottom option is resend.

PSF 15:38 06 Feb 03

All you need to do is open the sent e-mail and click forward at the top.
Delete the top section of who you sent it to last time,add new address and send.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…