How do I replace integrated speakers?

Baslla321 15:23 04 Mar 04

My Dell Dimension 4600 win XP prof has two integrated speakers Altec Lansing. I have a nearly new, FourPoint Surround FPS1600 multimedia speaker system of Creative which I hardly use on my old win98 computer. How can I use the latter on my Dell?

anon1 15:29 04 Mar 04

What do you mean by "integrated speakers" are they mounted on the monitor oe in the pc case? To use surround sound speakers properly you will need a 5.1 dolby surround card click here is at a very good price and a reliable source

Baslla321 15:56 04 Mar 04

As far as I know the sound card is integrated in the motherboard and can only take two speakers. In fact I do not have the usual plug-in's at the back where one plugs into the sound card. I suppose all Dell's computers come out like this. I dont like it.

anon1 16:18 04 Mar 04

That is why I pointed you in the direction of a soundcard. You should have a spare pci slot inside the computer you would need to disable the onboard sound and use a new card. Not a difficult job.

anon1 16:21 04 Mar 04

Well just looked at the specs of your machine and it says quote "Audio output Sound card " so that should be a straight replacement.

Baslla321 16:41 04 Mar 04

Thanks for yr help. Will check into Novatech card. Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017