how do I repair system restore

chippy+ 19:23 09 Jun 03

help
could somone help to repairsystem restore xp

thanks chippy

woodchip 19:27 09 Jun 03

If you have a full windows XP disc just start with the disc in the comp it offers choices

VoG™ 19:29 09 Jun 03

Start, Run, type in

SFC /SCANNOW

and press Enter.

If that doesn't work click here

woodchip 19:30 09 Jun 03

PS do not do this with a RESTORE disc as it will remove all your saved files and E-Mail and it will put your comp back to factory settings

uskfisherman 19:38 09 Jun 03

I dont know whether you take PCAdvisors Tips and Tricks, as there is a good repair article in the spring 2003 issue on page 41. If I can help further please let me know

Gaz 25 00:02 10 Jun 03

Mine now says Operation failed for every one, whats up?

JoeC 08:20 10 Jun 03

but back up first.I read this in a computer magazine on how to fix System Restore.

Go Start > Run > type in Regedit > hit Enter / Return. Go to HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VxDMon. You should find an entry DelayFirstRstpt. Double Click it then change the value from 1 to 0. Close regedit and restart.

GroupFC 08:55 10 Jun 03

I too have a problem with System Restore (It's interesting that there are now three threads running all with system restore problems this one and click here and click here).

You refer to an article in the spring 2003 Tips & Tricks on page 41. What section was it under as it possible to get just sections of the magazine from the link at the top of the page?

uskfisherman 09:10 10 Jun 03

Windows Q&As.. ME wont create restore points.. Briefly you need a ME Start up disc (Obtain from Add/Remove Progs).Insert in A Drive.start PC. When offered choice of start up options select minimal boot no4. When the Command Prompt a:> appears type the following lines carefully observing spaces, and press enter key after each line
c:attrib -r -s -h_ restore
ren _restore oldrest
Remove Flpoppy and restart PC. Windows will create a new restore directory which you can check if you open your C drive in My Computer. You will see in the both_Restore and Oldrest folders. Delete the Oldrest folder.
Good luck.

chippy+ 09:33 10 Jun 03

hi
thanks for you replies
tried the registry got to v&d but v&d mon is not there I had seen this tip in pcanswers.sfc/scannow dose not work
thanks again
chippy

Gaz 25 10:57 10 Jun 03

May be it is that update to IE? Soon as I installed that, no sys restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…