How do i remove wmp completely from my pc ?

grabster 18:17 22 Jan 05

Hi, i seem to have a corrupt installation of wmp 10.
No matter what codec's i use i am unable to play any mpeg's whatsoever.
winavi converter gives me an "unable to build graph" error.
i cant play mpegs on any player i try .
wmp will not download codecs and avicodec and gspot dont give any clues either.Is it possible to remove wmp completely ? How would i go about removing all codecs as i feel this also may be where my problem lies as things went wrong after installing the nemo codec pack (i think) . I tried to repair winxp to see if that helps but i only get the option to do a fresh install which is a bit drastic i think.
A bit vague i know but maybe someone can suggest something. TIA

Chezdez 18:20 22 Jan 05

are you using WMP version 9 or 10?

if your on 9, try upgrading to 1o if your on 10, try downloading and reinstalling

VoG II 18:23 22 Jan 05
  Michendi 18:32 22 Jan 05

Agree, a fresh install is too drastic. My understanding of WMP is that it is integral to the OS and that it cannot be installed/uninstalled as a stand-alone package.

You should have a Restore Point. Remember Restore Points are created automatically at significant points e.g. System Start; Driver Installs; Application Installs. Create a new Restore Point now and call it something significant so that you can restore back to this point if you need to. Then restore back to a Restore Point prior to the Nemo Codepack install and see if that sorts the problem.

grabster 18:50 22 Jan 05

I am using wmp 10 but wmp9 has the same problem.
Also i have no restore points as i have disabled system restore ages ago due to constant disc access.
i installed a program called Sherlock click here and that has found a problem with a few codecs that are not fully uninstalled,they are..

3IVX D4 VIDEO ENCODER
MJPEG DECOMPRESSOR AL/BS
NERO VIDEO ENCODER
PINNACLEDCXX MJPEG COMPRESSOR
XL COMPRESS
XLD COMPRESS

The error states "driver file not found- probably not uninstalled corectly"
Does this mean anything to anyone ?

grabster 18:52 22 Jan 05

Was supposed to look like this .

3IVX D4 VIDEO ENCODER.
MJPEG DECOMPRESSOR AL/BS.
NERO VIDEO ENCODER.
PINNACLEDCXX MJPEG COMPRESSOR.
XL COMPRESS.
XLD COMPRESS .

grabster 19:02 22 Jan 05

Gonna resolve this post and put this up as a codec problem. thanks for the replies.

Mikè 20:26 22 Jan 05

This program click here (The registered version that is) will completely remove mp9 or mp10 it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…