How do I remove windows live?

jake2 22:52 02 May 09

I would like to remove wondows live messenger from my xp home pc.
I have tried add remove programs. The name of the programs appears on the left side but the file has no size indocated on the right. THere is no option to remove.
I have tried revo uninstaller. There is no listing for windows live messenger in the program list.
I have downloaded the windows installer clean up utility. When I click on the exe, file it installs then nothing happens.
I have tried zapmessenger and it just indicates that it is working but carries on for hours.
How do I get rid of this program and all its constituent parts please

rdave13 22:56 02 May 09

Control panel- windows live essentials-click on remove-continue ans select windows live messenger.

rdave13 22:58 02 May 09

Should be control panel-add remove..

tullie 23:14 02 May 09

Mine is in Add Remove Programs,as rdave says.

Sea Urchin 23:16 02 May 09

Try downloading and running this script from Doug Knox

click here

jake2 07:51 04 May 09

There is no option in add/remove programs to remove the programs. The program appears in the list but no option to remove when highlighted.
Its like the file is gone but the folder name is still there, (if thats possible)
As a consequence of this I cannot re-instal windows live because it is already on the pc according to the message I get when I try to re-download it.

Sea Urchin 08:45 04 May 09

did you try running the Doug Knox script I linked to? That will remove the program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…