how do I remove websearch.coolsearches.info?

AnnikaKeller 17:02 04 Apr 15

I´ve got a webpage that takes over everything it seams. Tried the other day to remove it with help I found on internet. Now I don´t get this page - websearch.coolsearchs.info - anymore, BUT everything goes very very very slow and when I enter in explorer I get the page I want, but then it stops and I can not get further. I only get the message "internet explorer stopped working" or a blank page comes up with the message "Ads by DigiServer" up in the left corner. Please, what can I do to clean my PC from all this crap? I prefer not to intstall any program if possible.

Pine Man 17:47 04 Apr 15

Below is a link to a site which will tell you how to get rid of the website that has hijacked your browser.

I note that you prefer not to install programs but I'm afraid the only way to get rid of this problem will involve the use of several different programs and it's the only way you can do it. All of the programs are free and you may want to keep at least one, Malwarebytes, on your PC after you have cleaned it.

click here

bumpkin 17:57 04 Apr 15

click here try that first, no need to instal it.

melodyblue 09:57 20 May 15

Hey Annika. You mentioned that websearch.coolsearches.info takes control of your web browser. The website is kind of malware and should be deleted. Many computer users have the same problem when they download and install or update some programs. Running the free version of MalwareBytes and then AdwCleaner usually remove all browser malware-caused redirections and inserted ads. Avoid installing suspicious programs and extensions in the future, and make sure to untick all “optional offers” checkboxes when you install something. You can also try the manual steps in this post to fix the problem. Hope it can help solve your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…