How do I remove web download file off C Drive

Speedy2 23:28 09 Jul 03

File downloaded, (not by me-discovered it yesterday evening when I logged on my PC to use windows.)Its my PC, but it has users in the household -Culprit found. However, I have a big problem as the file is saved on the hard drive in Windows- Documents and Settings and its on all the start up files for all users and appears everytime on desktop when you log on. I've deleted the file off desktop and programs card numerous of times, but every time i go to delete it off the Hard drive, I have a message saying 'Access Denied'. I've run Norton and Adware 6 anti virus on all system and also file separate-no virus detected. What now?

woodchip 23:35 09 Jul 03

Looks like you have a seedy site, and can be difficult to remove. Name of the file would help I presume you are on XP

Speedy2 23:45 09 Jul 03

It is a seedy site and I'm embarrassed really to have it on my PC as you can imagine. I am told by my son (it took me some work) that it was downloaded from a private chat room. I am on Windows XP. The file is called Sex Now. On my hard drive as C:\WINDOWS\SexNow.exe

woodchip 23:52 09 Jul 03

Try this may help, Do the registry first, do not reboot at the end but try to delete in Explorer if that does not work reboot then try to delete in explorer. To remove follow these step's closely,go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type SexNow and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than SexNow go to start\find\files or folders type in the box SexNow click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with SexNow in it. Then reboot your computer

Speedy2 00:10 10 Jul 03

Woodchip, I'm gonna need some help here! I'm Not use to some of the terms you refer to. What is the 'registry'. How do I get to Explorer? Think I'll be OK with other instructions.

woodchip 00:17 10 Jul 03

The registry is whare all info is contained, If you cannot follow my instructions say what part you cannot understand. Explorer is Windows Explorer. That shows a map of what is on your drive, as folders and files

woodchip 00:18 10 Jul 03

PS of to bed now I will look in tomorrow

Speedy2 00:30 10 Jul 03

I'll come back to you in any event tomorrow evening

Speedy2 01:07 10 Jul 03

Followed instructions but not use to Explorer as still not sure how I would access this. All except one SexNow files have been deleted but the one on the Hard drive, named in one of my earlier messages, will not allow me to delete. Warning message on desktop card Titled: Error Deleting File or Folder. Message reads: 'Cannot delete Sex Now: Access denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use'. I'll have to leave this now till tomorrow when i return from work and carry out the instructions again ready for online discussion tomorrow pm.

Many Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…