how do I remove wanadoo software?

djack 19:15 16 Nov 04

Hi I recently had to temporary install Wanadoo software on my laptop to help a friend use the internet whilst I fixed his pc.But now I want to uninstall Wanadoo software so I can go back to using eclipse but I cannot find an uninstall or any explanation how to remove Wanadoo software.This is a problem now as this software is barring me from accessing the internet!

rawprawn 19:39 16 Nov 04

I suppose you have tried Control Panel Add or remove programs ?

djack 19:43 16 Nov 04

Thanks for that but that was the first thing but no joy still searching for an answer cheers.

D G 20:05 16 Nov 04

can you not go to internet options connection tab and remove it from there.

Alan2 20:21 16 Nov 04

IF and only IF you have no Freeserve or Wanadoo software that you want to keep set a restore point - assuming Win XP - then do a search for any files and folders containing entries for Freeserve and Wanadoo and try to delete all you find.

Go to Start -> Run and enter regedit in the box -> click OK (to enter the registry editor), -> Ctrl+F (to start search) and enter Freeserve in the box then press [enter].

Check each revealed entry and if it is unambiguous press [delete]. Then press Ctrl+F to continue the search.

If in doubt don't delete.

When the search using Freeserve is complete do the same using Wanadoo.

If you have a registry cleaner like RegScrubXP run that to find any loose bits left behind and "fix" them.

Then do a Restart.

Now that's what I WOULD DO, but others - more expert - may advocate other line of attack.

fredski 20:42 16 Nov 04

download and install ultrawincleaner 2000 from here click here
Use this to identify and remove all traces of wanadoo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…