how do i remove Vista and install Win XP instead?

science wiz 05:25 24 Jan 08

i have bought a laptop PC and I want to remove the windows vista in it so that I can install windows XP instead.

but the problem i face is that, once i boot from the CD, it reaches a level and tells me that there is no disk in the system or something need be done in the configuration, in fact, it feels like the computer doesnt let me have the options that will allow me to format windows VISTA and instead install windows XP.

so i am trying to seek advice on what would be the easy way to ensure the formatting of the hard drive and installation of a new copy of windows XP Professional.

and "WILL IT WORK ONCE I HAVE DONE THE FORMATTING OF VISTA AND INSTALLING OF WINDOWS XP?".

so, how can i remove the windows vista in my computer and instead format the laptop, partition it and install windows XP professional in one of the partitions?

Thank you in advance,

/Godbless P. Haule

NB: My PC is a toshiba laptop, A205 Series with Core 2 Duo 1.67, 200GB HDD, 2GB RAM, DVD-RW.

xania 09:02 24 Jan 08

Firstly, I assume that you have a restore facity that wil allow you to reinstall Vista back to factory settings. If so, then you need not fear anything going wrong. Have you tried a dual boot.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5