HOW DO I REMOVE A TROJAN?

Sherwood 22:29 30 Dec 05

My Tesco F-Secure anti-virus scanner has found the following trojans:
[email protected]
JS/SillyDownloader.K
in my temporary internet files.

I have deleted all my temporary internet files, but it is still finding these 2 trojans and it does not disinfect them.

How do I remove or deal with these trojans?

Help!

VoG II 22:38 30 Dec 05

Try CleanUp! click here to empty temporary files.

Kev.Ifty 22:47 30 Dec 05

Try a good free Anti-Virus

AVG click here

rdave13 01:45 31 Dec 05

Google for Avast anyivirus; ms antispyware; spywareblaster;asquared(anti malware free edition);cw shredder:and adaware antispyware by lavasoft.

All free protection but don't run more than one antivirus program because they will clash.

Nellie2 02:09 31 Dec 05

You need a product that specifically looks for Trojans. Trojan Hunter has a free trial that you can download click here If that doesn't get it then you may need to get some help to root out the trojan manually.

palinka 14:44 31 Dec 05

Anti-viruses are what they say: "against viruses", so don't necessarily deal with trojans, tho they may find them.
Download and install all that Rdave13 recommended (but of course not 2 antiviruses at same time, and you already have Tesco's). Update them - if offered that option - and Run them. Nellie2's advice is correct - you probably need an "anti-trojan", so use her link too.

Bogbrain 14:58 31 Dec 05

How the hell did you 'manage' to get a trojan anyway? Via email? If not, how then.............

Pineman100 15:26 31 Dec 05

If you've still got the problem after following the advice above, have a look at click here This will tell you about sillydownloader and contains a link to the Microsoft Knowledgebase that tells you how to do a registry edit to get rid of it.
Don't edit your registry unless you know what you're doing!

Sherwood 21:11 31 Dec 05

Thanks for all your help.
Thank you Nellie2. I have downloaded Trjan Hunter and run it. Curiously it did not find the trojans. However, It may be that they have been overwritten.

Sherwood 18:59 01 Jan 06

Both trojans have now been removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…