How do I remove a talking clock - too loud

kerses 21:37 PM 21 Jun 11

Have a clock gadget that speaks the time every hour. Too intrusive and loud and I want to remove it. But can't remember where I got it and can't find it in programs etc. If I turn volume down of course that upsets everything else. Any ideas please? kerses

martjc 22:19 PM 21 Jun 11

Which OS? Try going to Start/Control panel/'Programs and features' if Win 7. You can delete progs from there.

kerses 18:53 PM 22 Jun 11

Thought I had explained but apparentlty not completely. My trouble arises partly from the fact that no gadget shows for this spoken time, nor does it show anywhere else, so I unfortunately can't get anywhere with the replies so far. Think we must be at cross purposes somewhere. Thanks anyway to Martjc and Lazarus The 2nd. kerses

sunnystaines 19:21 PM 22 Jun 11

search programe files for key words like time, clock, etc to see what comes up and delete if found.

try ccleaner & or revo to see if listed.

kerses 14:40 PM 25 Jun 11

Thanks to you all for suggestions. Not sure now just what I did, but got rid of the beast somehow. kerses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off