How do I remove a recurring icon from my desktop

Dopey74 11:18 27 Feb 04

Afew weeks ago I foolishly visited an adult web site but on seeing the charges came out, but since then every time I turn on my computer I get an icon apearing which I put in the re-cycling bin and then deleted. this has had no effect. I looked up the archives in forum and saw someone else had had this problem, the advice was to download ad-aware and spybot which I did but again to no avail. I have run both of these programs twice but the icon still appears.
HELLLPP
Jubby

ventanas 11:22 27 Feb 04

What is it called? If a shortcut where does it point to?

BibleGuru 11:26 27 Feb 04

Rick click on the Shortcut and select Properties; click Find Target; the file in question will now be highlighted - delete this file.

Let us know how you get on.

swanson2 11:32 27 Feb 04

Are you using Me or XP?

If so if all else fails just use system restore choosing a restore point prior to the start of your problem!

Stormpool 11:44 27 Feb 04

There may be a background program, that loads on start up which writes the file to you desktop each time.

You could possible disabled it by running the system configuration utility

Start - run - msconfig

Under the start menu - look for dodgy headings and you can disabled them by unticking them. You may hit upon the program creating the icon, if you think you've found it - untick it, deleted icon, click ok and restart.

Dopey74 13:16 27 Feb 04

Thank you all for answering my plea for help, I tried Stormpools recommendation and it seems to have worked again thank you all

jubby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac