How do I remove a recurring icon from my desktop

Dopey74 11:18 27 Feb 04

Afew weeks ago I foolishly visited an adult web site but on seeing the charges came out, but since then every time I turn on my computer I get an icon apearing which I put in the re-cycling bin and then deleted. this has had no effect. I looked up the archives in forum and saw someone else had had this problem, the advice was to download ad-aware and spybot which I did but again to no avail. I have run both of these programs twice but the icon still appears.
HELLLPP
Jubby

ventanas 11:22 27 Feb 04

What is it called? If a shortcut where does it point to?

BibleGuru 11:26 27 Feb 04

Rick click on the Shortcut and select Properties; click Find Target; the file in question will now be highlighted - delete this file.

Let us know how you get on.

swanson2 11:32 27 Feb 04

Are you using Me or XP?

If so if all else fails just use system restore choosing a restore point prior to the start of your problem!

Stormpool 11:44 27 Feb 04

There may be a background program, that loads on start up which writes the file to you desktop each time.

You could possible disabled it by running the system configuration utility

Start - run - msconfig

Under the start menu - look for dodgy headings and you can disabled them by unticking them. You may hit upon the program creating the icon, if you think you've found it - untick it, deleted icon, click ok and restart.

Dopey74 13:16 27 Feb 04

Thank you all for answering my plea for help, I tried Stormpools recommendation and it seems to have worked again thank you all

jubby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…