How do I remove previously visited web sites?

martjc 14:48 26 Nov 03

In the Address section of IE there are lots, no even more than that, of web addresses I've visited before but don't want now. How can I remove them from the list?

spikeychris 14:55 26 Nov 03

Go to Internet options and tick.."clear history"

martjc 14:57 26 Nov 03

... but I didn't want to remove ALL of them just some selected ones.

spikeychris 15:15 26 Nov 03

All or nothing I'm afraid. Do as seekit says.

Cretin07 15:16 26 Nov 03

clearing history wont do it. have to go to internet options and delete files and click all offline files too. that'll clear em all. dont think you can clear em individually unless you hack the registry.

spikeychris 15:25 26 Nov 03

Beg to differ Cretin07, clear history will do just what marjc wants.

Re: reg, typedurls will do the same.

Cretin07 15:30 26 Nov 03

No, clearing the history does not clear the search on the IE web bar. it only clears the history, when you click history basically. You know like daily history as it has the dates etc.

Diemmess 15:32 26 Nov 03

In addition to clearing History and Internet Options files....

Go to Aol > Organise... there you will see a list of 'yourscreenname.abi' and a list of others, very similar, but with differing subscripts. Delete all but the first which keeps track of all your e-mail messages.... If you are nervous, move them to a new folder for the time being.

Stuartli 15:36 26 Nov 03

Disable AutoComplete and then you won't find previously visited websites' URLs being automatically entered after the first letter(s).

spikeychris 15:38 26 Nov 03

Which history button are you talking about?

Cretin07 15:40 26 Nov 03

the clear history button in internet options. and the view history button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…