How do I remove my desktop icons from other users

Zebrapec 14:18 08 May 05

Hi, My winxp. has four desktop users, and all that is on my desktop is on my kids desktops as well. How do I remove the icon's from theirs but still leave them on mine please?

mattyc_92 14:21 08 May 05

Are these Icons in every User Account or just yours and theirs?

mattyc_92 14:25 08 May 05

forget my previous psot... heres a simple way to find where the icons are located....

Right-click onto a shortcut and look in the general tab to find where they are located (the shortcuts)... They should be located in "c:\documents and settings\all users\desktop"...

Just cut and paste the shortcuts into their desktop folder (c:\documents and settings\username\desktop)

Zebrapec 16:06 08 May 05

Ok Mattyc_92, i tried what you said, but the cutting did nothing except make the icon see- through. However, your good answer gave me a clue to as what to do, and by copying the original icons and then deleating the originals did the job for the all the shortcuts. Great, thanks.
However I am still left with program icons on my desktop that I do not want there, and if I try to delete them, the program will go.
Any cluse on how to delete these icons please?

mattyc_92 16:11 08 May 05

I said "cut and paste", not just cut... lol

What do you mean by the other icons?? (quote below):

Quote:

"Great, thanks. However I am still left with program icons on my desktop that I do not want there, and if I try to delete them, the program will go. Any cluse on how to delete these icons please?"

End Quote

Zebrapec 16:28 08 May 05

Sorry about the 'cut & paste'
By the other icons, I mean the IE icon, the My computer icon etc.

mattyc_92 16:32 08 May 05

Ok.... To remove them, right-click the desktop and select properies....

Now click onto the "desktop" tab and click onto the "Customise Desktop".... Now, just untick the My Computer, My Documents, etc... to re-move them from the desktop...

Click OK and then the Icons should be removed...

Zebrapec 16:38 08 May 05

Thanks, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…