How do I remove "Kazaa Media Desktop 2.0.2 ?

Bingalau 14:40 15 Mar 03

Last week in a fit of enthusiasm I downloaded "Kazaa" only to find out later, on this forum that it seems to be a "No No" So I followed advice and tried to get rid of it. I now find I still have "Kazaa Media Desktop 2.0.2" in the control panel and when I try to delete it I just get a panel which re-instals it. Anyone know how to get rid please? Bingalau..

VoG™ 14:43 15 Mar 03

Does this help click here

Bingalau 17:22 15 Mar 03

VoG? Many thanks !! With your help I seem to have got rid of quite a few items that had installed themselves. Whether I have got rid of the lot remains to be seen. Sorry for the delay in getting back, but had to go shopping etc. Good job there are helpful people like you about. Sorry to read somewhere else in this forum that a regular helper has decided to give up. God help us if it happens too often. Once again thanks for your personal help and also to all helpers. Bingalau....

Mysticnas 18:21 15 Mar 03

why is kazzaa a no no?

graham 19:35 15 Mar 03

Keep away with your viri! :-)

Mysticnas 20:30 15 Mar 03

my viri? i'm sorry but i don't understand?

???

please explain... i really don't know what you mean...

Djohn 21:22 15 Mar 03

The program, "Kazaa" is a useful file sharing program, but unfortunately it does get put to other uses, and tends to carry viruses.

These may be downloaded on to your PC and if they are, you will spend many hours trying to clean your system.

Sometimes the only way to do a thorough job of this, is to format your drive and start all over again. Regards. J.

Hellflower 00:44 16 Mar 03

I really like Kazaa but I recently put Add Aware on my computer which itentified I had Cydoor spyware on my computer. This is linked to Kazaa which unfortunatly won't work if I delete it.

Andsome 08:37 16 Mar 03

You will also download spyware, and nothing on your computer will be safe.

mobile 16:31 20 Mar 03

When I try to uninstall using "add or remove programs" I get "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\cd_clint.dll The specified module could not be found"
I tried the Microsoft site for help but need I say I didn't get any....
I have since deleted the Kazaa folder using Windows explorer. However I would like to remove all traces as it still shows in "add or remove programs".
Can anyone help?

VoG™ 16:37 20 Mar 03

If you just want to remove the entry in Add Remove Programs, JV16PowerTools can click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…