How do I remove an entry from Add/Remove please

Meshuga 08:00 30 Oct 06

I have removed Preventon Personal firewall from my pc but the entry in add/remove is still there. I have run start-search and that says nothing found. I have run regscrub and crapcleaner and that had no effect. All that happens when I click on remove in add/remove is a message saying Error-3 patch package. Any ideas how I can get rid of it please. My os is xp home sp2.

Diemmess 08:21 30 Oct 06

Two ways which used to clear something like this for me in an earlier life.

Reinstall the application first! Then try and uninstall using add/remove.

Do a search in regedit and delete everything that appears with preventon.

Because it seems to be firewall software, it would be wise to do all this offline and with any firewall disabled.

Meshuga 08:27 30 Oct 06

Hi Diemmess, thank you,I will try as you suggest and I will post back with result. Wont be able to do it today though.

VoG II 09:29 30 Oct 06

If that doesn't work, I think JV16 Powertool has this option click here

Meshuga 09:31 30 Oct 06

Hi Diemmess, Was able to find a little time and have done as you suggested and it is all cleared now. Many thanks for your help. Regards.

birdface 09:34 30 Oct 06

Before you try and delete it again,You must make sure it is not already running.If it is in your Quick start, Click on it ,and press Exit,Then go to your Add Rmove and Delete,

Meshuga 09:42 30 Oct 06

Many thanks VoG and buteman. As you can see from my last post Diemmess`s sugesstion worked. Thanks to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…