How Do I Remove Dropdown Boxes Please?

Alan L 14:50 24 Apr 07

Hello.May I please ask for your help.Everytime I have to type in my email address access PC Advisor (and many others)a small dropdown box appears showing me which email addresses I have already used.Also,when I've been onto websites, another dropdown box shows me which sites under a given letter of the alphabet I've been in.The same goes for Yahoo! images. Whilst its nice to have this feature,I would ideally like to disable that function as the boxes are forever getting longer and longer. Could you please tell me how to disable all the dropdown boxes feature?

My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition.

Thank you very much for your very kind help.

Woolwell 15:02 24 Apr 07

If using IE7 try Tools - Internet Options -Content - Autocomplete settings and pick what you want.

Alan L 15:12 24 Apr 07

Hello Woolwell.Thank you so much for that.For the life of me I couldn't remember where it was located.I've done as you've said and all the dropdown boxes have gone.

I am much obliged to you for your kindness in helping me.It is really appreciated.

Thank you,

Alan L

Woolwell 15:13 24 Apr 07

No problem - glad it's sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…