How do i remove the CPU?

Mysticnas 15:01 02 May 03

i just got a new motherbaord and need to move all my stuff over to it.

my problem is that i don't know whether my heatsink is fixed with paste or pads.

is there anyone that can tell me how to remove the sink from the CPU?

I'll assume that just pulling it off is not a good way to do it?

Is there a website that shows how to do it?

Legolas 15:12 02 May 03

Have a look here might help
click here

If the heatsink has paste on it it will not be hard to remove just unclip the retaining clip and it should come away easily pads might be more of a problem you might need to prise it off very gently.

Mysticnas 15:20 02 May 03

i think i read somewhere that it's best to remove the heatsink while it is still warm.

is this true?

Legolas 15:23 02 May 03

I am not sure about that although it might make its removal easier if it is on with pads.

Legolas 15:24 02 May 03

I am not sure about that although it might make its removal easier if it is on with pads.

woodchip 16:25 02 May 03

Why not lift both together, just lift the leaver at the side of cpu. Do not forget to uncouple fan plug first

cream. 16:42 02 May 03

If you look to the link on the bottom right of this page, processor and heatsink installation video's, it will show you.

click here

They are quite small, less than 1 meg. Undock the player and expand for full screen and sound.

hugh-265156 16:43 02 May 03

click here^4348^6678,00.html for videos on the subject will be similar procedure for intel.

hugh-265156 16:45 02 May 03

was same as the village idiot`s link

Mysticnas 00:19 03 May 03

well i can't get to the actuation lever, cuz the current heatsink is covering it and there's a quite a few capacitors around it so can't quite get my fingers in.

I've got a new heatsink aswell so wanna fit that. it's a Coolermaster fujiyama. I wanna overclock the CPU.

hugh-265156 00:25 03 May 03

you will need to give some info on the current motherboard etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…