How do I remove a corrupt User account in XP Home

shere-khan 22:01 17 Feb 03

I have three user accounts on my PC running Win XP Home. Two of the accounts are fine the third has somehow or other become corrupted. If it is used I keep getting errors saying explorer has caried out an illegal operation and will be closed down.
I have tried removing the user account through the front end but if I rereate it I get the same problem.
I have checked for viruses using McAfee V6 and the latest data files but found no problems.
Will I have to edit the registry and if so what do I have to remove to get rid of this account?

howard60 23:06 17 Feb 03

an administrator and then you can go to control panel - users accounts - delete account and click on the offending one.

shere-khan 21:44 18 Feb 03

I am logged in as administrator and I can remove the account. This is fine. If however I recreate the account it still has the problems.
The account belongs to my son and he wishes to use a particular username. After deleting the account do I need to do anything else?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…