//some 3rd party need geo

How Do I Remove An Audio Track

s99Raj 21:41 01 Jun 05

I've downloaded a short film, in which the actors speak English, i.e. the whole thing's done in English, and you can hear it all quite clearly. However, some guy also does a voice-over translating the dialog into another language (Russian). What I'd like to do is to re-record the whole thing without the Russian track so that it's more comprehensible to me, i.e. I want to hear the English track only. The film is in .avi format and at the moment I use Real Player to view it.

What sort(s) of software will enable me to do this? Cheers.

DieSse 22:00 01 Jun 05

It's very likely in an AVI file that there is no "voice over" track, and that the sound is mixed and not seperable - it may even be mono sound. AVI is a very old and simple file format.

There is just a chance, that the original dialogue is on one channel of the stereo pair, and the voice-over on the other channel - you can check that by listning to each side in turn.

I honestly think you are onto a dead diuck here - unless someone knows better!

s99Raj 22:10 01 Jun 05

I think you're right - it might be very difficult or impossible to separate. The Russian voice comes out of both (stereo) speakers and the whole thing may well be in mono.

I don't think it's worth the effort trying - unless soemone else knows better!

DieSse 22:13 01 Jun 05

Do a Google on ... remove voice for karaoke ... and see if any of those such programs does anything useful.

s99Raj 22:17 01 Jun 05

Good idea DieSse. I'll try it. In the meantime it'll be far less effort I think for me to find just the English version. But the removal technique could be a useful one for possible future use. I wonder if stuff like Premiere or Pinnacle do this sort of thing.

dogbreath1 22:27 01 Jun 05

There are number of DJ progs used for mixing that are able to remove vocal tracks. I seem to recall that MixVibes Pro can do this. The following list is a bit extensive, but if you persevere you may find a reference to the feature you want in one of the program synopses. click here

dogbreath1 22:32 01 Jun 05

I have just Googled 'software remove vocal track'. With the results from that and a search through the music software list referred to above, it should keep you busy for a while!:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…