How do I remove the 'Accounts' Screen?

dave h 11:01 06 Oct 03

In the several months since I bought it, my (xp) computer has started up withuout the 'Accounts' screen appearing, and I was perfectly happy with that.

Two days ago, I started it and the 'accounts'screen appeared. I clicked on my account and it opened fine.

My Question - How do I get rid of the 'Accounts' Screen as I find it an irritation??

JIM 11:13 06 Oct 03

do you mean this ?

To turn the Welcome screen on or off. You must have a computer administrator account to turn the

Use the Welcome screen feature on or off.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel. Click Change the way users log on or off.

Do one of the following:

To specify that users log on to the computer using the Welcome screen, select the Use the Welcome screen check box.

A user logs on to the computer by clicking his or her user account name on the Welcome screen.

If a password is assigned to the account, the user is prompted to type it.

To specify that users log on to the computer without using the Welcome screen, clear the Use the Welcome screen check box.

The Welcome screen will no longer appear when you start the computer. To log on to the computer, type your user name (and password, if you have one) in the standard Log On to Windows dialog box.

dave h 11:28 06 Oct 03

Thanks Jim. Done it.

When I checked my 'Accounts' in Control Panel, I found there was a third account there, apart from mine and the Guest account (unactivated). I deleted it before fully reading the name(silly Me) but it had a ".net" in it's title!

It would be interesting to know how it got there as I am the only one who uses this computer!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…