How do I reinstall Outlook Express?

joethebow 23:24 22 Nov 05

When I run Outlook Express I get a message saying "The address book failed to open" which I can click through.

However when I try to open one of the emails or reply to an email Outlook Crashes.

I'm running XP SP2.

Tried deleting and reinstalling outlook through Add/Remove programmes but that didn't help. It can't have been a complete delete though for when Outlook came back it had all it's accounts, folders & emails intact.

So how do I do a complete reinstallation of Outlook without reinstalling windows please?

Dan the Doctus 23:51 22 Nov 05

click here any help?

joethebow 00:22 23 Nov 05

Yea great, they scan your PC, say they found lots of errors and ask you to pay for an 'Upgrade' to fix the errors, they don't even tell you what errors they found, just that they found lots of them.

Sorry, but not much help.

joethebow 00:31 23 Nov 05

Sorry, I missread the page. It was ads at the top that threw me. I've gone back and reread the page and I think it just might help. Just as soon as I replace my confunded DVD writer that refuses to read CDROMs. lol.

Diodorus Siculus 07:31 23 Nov 05
  joethebow 18:19 26 Nov 05

I've tried everything here including reinstalling windows over the existing installation.

Still the same problems,

"Address boob failed to load"

And although I can look at emails in the lower window I cannot open them to reply as I get "There was an erropening this message. An error has occured"

Looks like it's going to be a complete wipe & reinstallation of windows.

VoG II 18:22 26 Nov 05

You could try a repair click here - this should repair OE as well as IE.

joethebow 19:14 26 Nov 05

Fixed all the problems. I'd given up on Outlook Express and attempted to install Outlook. When I restarted Outlook Express to get the Server address all the problems had gone. I could open the emails and the address book message had gone.

I'd never have thought of installing outlook in a million years to fix the problem, lucky accident.

Diodorus Siculus 19:28 26 Nov 05

Now that it is solved, why not take a look at Thunderbird - a free email client from Mozilla that is undergoing active development.

Thunderbird - Reclaim Your Inbox
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…