//some 3rd party need geo

How do I refresh My Network Places?

Dave_A 15:19 22 Jul 05

I have 3 PCs connected with a wired network, 1 running XP Pro and the other 2 running Win98SE. Network runs fine, but while the Win98 machines scan Network Neighborhood every time I start Explorer or PowerDesk (which I prefer to use instead of Explorer), the XP machine remembers ALL the shared drives in ALL machines, even if the other machines are not switched on.
This causes PowerDesk to lock up when it launches. Explorer will launch, but goes away for a while if a drive is selected in an off PC, and eventually return an error message.
How do I force XP to forget everything in My Network Places on, say, Shutdown, and only scan the network when Explorer or PowerDesk looks at the network?

BEN MARSHALL 17:01 23 Jul 05

To make you life easier and the computers run better why not purchase a MS Windows XP Home upgrade disk and upgrade 98's machines so as all compatible and all synchronized so as not to add condition as well as this you get all the benefits of Windows XP

Dave_A 18:54 23 Jul 05

I may well upgrade at least one of my Win98 PCs, but that won't solve this particular problem.
The Win98 PCs are behaving as I want them, it is the XP machine that seems to have the problem.
I am sure there is a setting somewhere to make XP refresh "My Network Places", but so far I can't find it (even with TweakUI).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…