how do I record from my hi fi to lap top

kaanie 21:19 06 Mar 07

i have lots of LPs and cassettes with great music. how can I transfer them to my lap top.
I have a lead from my hi fi system to the line in on my pc but how and what do i need to record?
I know some one out there can help

setecio 21:43 06 Mar 07

You will find this free program ideal for what you are doing : click here

Nixsound 21:59 06 Mar 07

Dude, I have loads of music on other formats. It's relatively straight forward to transfer to your comp. You need a sound recording software of which there are plenty available click here
And the cable to connect hi-fi to pc. You simply need to play the source music from your hi-fi and press record on the software. Oh, one more thing, you'll need to set the playback control to recording mode: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndvol32.exe go to properties and select recording, then mark the 'line in' check box.

Z1100 22:32 06 Mar 07

click here
£99.99

Hanx!
K.

Wak 10:15 07 Mar 07

does this help??
click here

keef66 11:38 07 Mar 07

I have a decent turntable and a phono preamp, and a stack of vinyl LP's. I just bought Audio Magix Cleaning Lab for £12 from Amazon, which includes the recording / cleaning software and a phono to minijack lead to connect the preamp to the line-in on the pc sound card. I'll let you know how it goes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…