How do I record an adio clip from my CD drive?

Red Herring 16:32 30 May 03

I am trying to record audio clips from a CD on my CD drive. When I use Windows media player, the recorded clip plays back but with no volume - despite all my volume levels being set at max. Am I missing a simple trick or do I need to use a different media player? Any suggestions would be helful.

Turkey Tech 16:47 30 May 03

It would sound as though there is probably a problem with the way you are recording the sound in the first place. Burn the file to a cd and try it on a mates pc to test.

Most probable cause is a problem with the mixer when you are recording, but without more details as to exactly what you are doing its difficult to comment.

I hope you own the copyright for the material.

Red Herring 16:54 30 May 03

........and in fact am trying to record clips off several CD's to make an intro quiz CD. The Cd's (in the CD-Rom drive) play just fine in Windows media player, so I'm not sure why it isn't recording to the HDD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…