How do I read my Email--HTML/TEXT.

spuds 11:22 08 Mar 03

I have never had a problems reading my email until recently.I now seem to have a problem with some HTML text forwarded material. How can I convert the 'gibberish' content into readable matter.One sender ask's if I want the email in TEXT or HTML format,and supplies a tick box for this choice. Whichever box I choice, I still get the same content, which I cannot read.Help and advice much appreciated.

-pops- 12:59 08 Mar 03

Is this just one email? If so, it might be something that you wish you didn't have.

If it's a message you were expecting or you know that you want, contact the sender. Otherwise treat with caution and, preferably, discard it.

Brian

spuds 18:34 08 Mar 03

The emails are from a weekly special offer source via a Serif company.On the bottom of the email is a subscribe/unsubscribe box, which leads to a choice of TEXT or HTML preference. Ticking on either box for preference choice, doesn't seem to make any difference.Thought there might be a download somewhere to convert the 'gibberish'.

Wak 21:50 08 Mar 03

TEXT suggests a plain text with simple fonts and very little formatting whereas HTML is a coded text which allows multiple fonts and formatting such as bold, italic, underlining, colours, etc.
I would have thought you should be able to receive the e-mail regardless of how it is written.
Go to Outlook Express/ Tools/ Options/ Read tab. Click the Fonts button at the bottom and set it to defaults ie. Times New Roman, Courier New,
Medium Font and the encoding to Western European.
Click the International settings button, set it to Western European and tick the box for "use default encoding".
That is how mine is set in Win 98SE and receives any e-mails OK.

jz 21:58 08 Mar 03

I've occasionally been sent a picture file (JPEG I think) and it has displayed as a jumble of random characters. I don't know why. Any ideas?

spuds 16:54 09 Mar 03

Bump!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…