How do I read documents in PDF fomat

mentalman 10:22 08 Jan 03
  mentalman 10:22 08 Jan 03

When I try to open a document that is in PDF format on the net, all I get is a blank screen with a small symbol in the top left hand corner and nothing else happens.I have Adobe Acrobat 5 installed but still nothing, I'm a bit of a novice on computers and this is driving me mad!!!.

Legolas 10:30 08 Jan 03

You could try downloading the latest version of Acrobat Reader and see if that solves the problem
click here

woodchip 10:31 08 Jan 03

You are better just download the file then open it. Not open it at it's location

Gongoozler 10:55 08 Jan 03

mentalman, open Acrobat from the Windows Start menu. Click on Edit - Preferences - Options. Have a lok to see if there is a tick in the box for "Display PDF in Browser". Some people like the Acrobat files to be shown from within the browser, some prefer them to open a separate Acrobat window. If double clicking a PDF file doesn't automatically launch Acrobat you may need to set the file association. How you do this may depend on which version of Windows you are using.

Pesala 17:53 08 Jan 03

My friend had similar problems when he tried to open a large PDF from my website. All he got was a blank white screen. He was using Internet Explorer. The reason was PDF open in browser by default, no Adobe Acrobat Reader. Eventually the PDF will appear, but if you have slow connection it could take a while (15 minutes with a 2 Mbyte PDF).

Solution 1: Use Opera

Solution 2: Right-click the PDF in IE and choose Save Target as ... to download the file. Then open it in Adobe Acrobat.

Carl_booth 18:11 08 Jan 03

PDF is short for Portable Document Format, it can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader. This sometimes comes with OEM versions of Windows but can be downloaded. To Download it click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…