How Do I re install Windows 8?

RISC OS user 13:58 08 Jun 15

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium and I have installed Windows 8 on to it about 2 years ago and have updated to 8.1 all was working well until last week when I downloaded some update drives and Bios from the HP site and have nothing but trouble since!. I have tried to use the "recover to an earlier date" but have not been able to achieve this. I then tried to re install Windows 8 but after about 61% the whole thing froze and I had to switch off. When I tried again I was informed that the disc what not correct. I have the original 4 DVDs which I made when the Laptop was new and tried to use these as I had done before I installed Windows 8 and they were not recognised. I have now gone to my external Hard Drive and loaded the disc image I created about 18 months ago, but now I cannot get ZoneAlarm or Internet Explorer to function. I am quite happy to re format the C drive as I have a back up of all the necessary data saved upon it. It has been suggested that I set the PC back to Factory Settings and then re install Windows 8 but as I am running Windows 8 not 7 as when the machine was new how do I do this?

What is my best method of correcting my problems?

RISC OS user 15:16 08 Jun 15

Thank you for your reply, that does seem like the best idea. I did wonder if that might have been a way out but was not sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac