How do i put fotos and movies from computer onto a

betty.b 18:15 22 Jul 06

Hi can anyone help.I have fotos and movies from a digital camera memory card,and put them on computer,WINDOWS XP,on my pictures,in one folder together.
Now how do i putthem alltogether on a disc,to view on a DVD PLAYER?Ihave tried but only the fotos will go on a cd,not the movies.
and what disc do i need to put a lot of thes on together? please if you help,can you put it in simple terms,as i am only learning.Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 19:15 22 Jul 06

It will depend on the format in which the movies are recorded.

FelixTCat 19:21 22 Jul 06

betty.b,

If you want to watch you movies in a DVD player attached to your TV you have to format the movie in a way that the DVD player can read. Some players can read a format called DivX (and are normally well labelled as such) but most need the standard movie format. To produce that on a DVD you will need some authoring software which will convert your home movies to the correct format.

As far as I know, you can't put movies and photos on the same disk.

Regards,

Felix

ed-0 22:41 22 Jul 06

use picassa 2.click here It's free.

Let picasa scan your hard drive/ drives for photos and videos. You will then get a window like this. click here click the " gift cd " tab and then the add more files tab at the bottom.

You can then select what you want on disk, photos or videos. Or photos and videos. click here Pop a C\D or DVD into the drive. Pick the burn disk tab and let it burn the disk.

Place the disk in your standalone dvd player and your files will come up like this click here. Select the file you want to watch or just press play and they will scroll across the screen, including the video's.

Good luck;-)

GroupFC 22:18 23 Jul 06

I was interested in having a look at your screenshots but I get one motherboard and two "not found"!

ed-0 22:42 23 Jul 06

Sorry, I have re- arranged the folder since then.

I can post them, if you want?

ed-0 22:55 23 Jul 06
  GroupFC 23:05 23 Jul 06

Thanks for those - what I was particularly interested in was the fact that you can mix photos and video - I guess I'll have to d/load Picasa and have a play around - not tonight tho' I need my bed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…