How do I put DTP doc onto website?

djsew 21:21 27 Jul 04

We are a small interest group which publishes a 2-page newsletter prepared in MS Publisher 2002. It goes out as hardcopy to most members but we would like to place it on our website in exactly the same layout ie 2 col page comprising textboxes plus some .jpg images, on 2 pages.
Todate, the content has been cut/pasted to Word as regular full width text and then saved as .htm format.
I have been asked to explore the desired format...
I have saved original .pub file as .htm from within Publisher. It exports OK to an .htm file plus a subdir of various files. On executing the .htm, only the first page can be viewed in IE6 locally. The second page .htm file exists in the subdir tho'.
I haven't even contemplated uploading and getting linked to the index page!

Am I on course to achieve the possible?, what's missing? Where should I look. Publisher Help refers only to Webpage construction.

Forum Editor 23:04 27 Jul 04

convert the Publisher file to a PDF? That way anyone with Acrobat reader installed on their computer can see the document exactly as it was when you created it, and print it if they wish.

Pretty well everybody has Acrobat reader installed on their machine, and in case they don't you can put a hyperlink to
click here alongside the document link, so people can download the free reader from Adobe.

Forum Editor 23:11 27 Jul 04

that you'll obviously need some PDF creation software to do this. Adobe Acrobat is superb, and expensive, but fortunately there are many alternatives.

Take a look at this
click here for $79

Sethhaniel 11:14 05 Aug 04

Does it not support export as PDF
or save as PDF

Belatucadrus 11:21 06 Aug 04

OpenOffice is open source freeware and can save as Pdf click here not as handy as publisher but quite capable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…