How do I put DivX codec on my DVD player

Johnnn 09:15 02 May 07

Got a lot of DivX movies on disc and want to play them on DVD player. Does anybody know where I can get the software and how to install it into my DVD player. Thanks

Kate B 09:24 02 May 07

Bit more information - your under-the-telly DVD player? If so, you're very unlikely to be able to add DivX to it. Or is it the one in your PC? If so, what make/model is it and what's your OS?

Technotiger 09:24 02 May 07

Hi, software is installed on a PC, surely not on a stand alone DVD Player ... unless I am missing something.

click here

Johnnn 09:39 02 May 07

Hi. Yes it is for a under the telly DVD player. Been loaned a few discs. Was told that the DVD players can be updated to play DivX, hence the question. Friend has got one but came pre-installed with the codec.

martd77 09:53 02 May 07

No i do not think you can unless the manufacturer does an update disc,panasonic did this to make their equipment play svcd,divx compatible dvd players are very cheap nowadays.

Kate B 10:10 02 May 07

I'd suggest Googling for your make and model number + DivX - that's pretty much what anyone would do from here, so you might as well cut out the middleperson.

Johnnn 10:35 02 May 07

Had trouble on Google to isolate exactly. Got this of a Divx site which hopefully will tell me if it can be done.

click here

Don't know if anyone has used it. According to the makers of the DVD it is possible but just having problems finding the upload to update the DVD player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos