How do I put back my Back up emails

Giggle n' Bits 14:33 24 Jul 05

I backed up my emails in Outlook Express 6 Winxp put them on a CD now I need to put them back into outlook express. I have a load of Dbx. extention files.

wobblymike 14:38 24 Jul 05

Put your cd in your drivr thrn In outlook express select File - Import - messages - then highlight outlook express 6 - press next - then select import mail from oe6 store directory - then next - press browse and navigate to your cd double click the entry on it for your mail and open it up right down to Outlook express then press next and all your folders should be identifiied press next to import - job done

wobblymike 14:42 24 Jul 05

PS you may find that you will have to copy the data on your cd to a folder on your hard drive and carry out the operation above from that location.

Stuartli 14:48 24 Jul 05

The answer is, of course, also provided in Outlook Express's Help pages - like all Microsoft pages extremely comprehensive.

anchor 14:50 24 Jul 05

Don`t forget to remove the "read only" attribute afterwards.

Giggle n' Bits 15:31 24 Jul 05

wobblymike, Stuartli & anchor for your calls.

Will try the above as soon as NIS finishes downloading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…